TPG ProjectLink supports your work by easily connecting tasks and information in multi-project management – even between different companies. To achieve efficient collaboration it helps you to transparently share information about schedules, work and costs between projects.
Project managers use TPG ProjectLink to link external tasks to their own planning. They can mirror the bar charts in their own schedule, enabling them to see at a glance which external tasks have changed and how. They can also easily view other details about every linked task, which is important for multi-project overviews. In addition, project status information can be displayed in traffic light form to the steering committee, giving its members important pointers about the state of the project. They can also easily view details of costs, work, etc.
Typical Use Cases
- Multi-project overviews with status display: select and combine relevant milestones from individual projects into a multi-project overview.
- Program management: mirror requirements for milestones and tasks from the main projects in the Microsoft Project plans of sub-projects.
- Connections with individual projects: use the Task Picker to select which tasks from other projects you want to display in your own schedule – even involving different companies.
- Coordination between project and line staff: alongside time-related information, other field content such as work, costs, notes etc. can be transferred in both directions.
- Transparency of links between tasks across projects
- At-a-glance, multi-project overviews of the project portfolio’s current status
- Simple creation of project links between different companies
- Clear, graphical comparison of a project manager’s own tasks with external tasks
- Time savings due to information about changes in relevant external projects
- Better performance with easy links to external projects without having to open each project
- Choice of data sources including Microsoft Project Server sites, Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) lists and SQL databases
- Configurable field mapping to suit a wide range of use cases
- Easy set-up of links between tasks with the innovative Task Picker (access rights are managed by the Microsoft Project Server permissions system)
- Mirroring of external tasks into the project manager’s own project
- Works with Project Server 2007/2010/2013