Flexible project portfolio management
Microsoft Project Server 2016 is a flexible on-premises solution for project portfolio management (PPM) and everyday work.
As part of SharePoint 2016, Project Server 2016 enables team members, project participants, and business decision makers to get started quickly, prioritize project portfolio investments, and deliver the intended business value from virtually anywhere.
Flexible on-premises solution
Use a smarter PPM solution
Get started quickly with a familiar experience that improves participation and helps teams get more done.
- Use the new visual tiles in Project Web App (PWA), your web app to access Project Server, to quickly begin or flex project portfolio management capabilities.
- Choose between devices and browsers—Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and more—to view, edit, submit, and collaborate on project, portfolio, and everyday work.
Align vision and effort to prioritize initiatives, select optimal project portfolios, and deliver on your business strategy.
- Effectively evaluate ideas or measure the strategic contribution of competing requests to determine alignments and streamline project initiation.
- Easily create workflows in Visio and SharePoint Designer to standardize project progression or rejection and improve governance and control.
- Quickly promote a SharePoint task list to an enterprise project in PWA.
Flexible project portfolio management
Take action and stay up to date in more places and on more devices than ever before.
Manage resources effectively
- See and act on your tasks (including business and personal) in one location.
- Effectively plan and manage tasks with the help of new scheduling capabilities.
- Keep your teams organized in one location—their project site—where they can view project summaries, documents, tasks, newsfeeds and calendars.
Simplify resource management so you can see what your teams are doing—even when they’re managing everyday work or ad hoc projects in SharePoint.
- Better manage your project pipeline and what your people are working on by capturing your team’s ideas in SharePoint task lists and measuring them in PWA.
- Accurately measure resource utilization and better manage resource allocation that aligns with your strategy.
- Seamlessly flow information from team member calendars in Exchange to Project Server 2016, simplifying project scheduling and task status updates while enhancing task-sharing capabilities.
Take advantage of new ways to collaborate and act quickly
Strengthen everyday collaboration with the social experiences of SharePoint, which facilitate discussions, information sharing, and your team’s ability to get work done.
- Easily share and curate what teams are talking about and working on by following people, sites, tags, and documents with newsfeeds.
- Use the search capabilities of SharePoint to execute everyday work and projects more effectively and find the right information.
- Take advantage of powerful security features to share information and collaborate with trusted business partners on projects and everyday work.
- Promote visibility with collaborative tools to seamlessly flow calendar, presence, and capacity information across your organization.
Seamlessly communicate with new ways to share conversations across time and space to improve overall teamwork.
- Hover over a name in your project plan to see if a team member is available to talk or instant message (IM) with Lync.
- Collaborate with your team quickly by dragging and dropping them into a Lync meeting for group conferencing, instant messaging, screen sharing, and shared workspaces.
Increase agility and control
Make data-driven decisions by equipping team members and stakeholders with the information they need to stay informed and effective.
- Optimize utilization and plan allocation for your organizations resource requirements through the resource center in PWA.
- Use summary dashboards to help gain insights and make better decisions.
- Quickly mine and aggregate data on many dimensions via self-service access with Excel Services.
Simplify IT with an integrated admin experience with SharePoint.
- Use Active Directory (AD) synchronization in PWA to choose which AD group contains the teams that you want to assign to projects.
- Easily give your teams and trusted business partners the right level of access through a new SharePoint integrated security model in PWA.
- Use industry standards such as ODATA (open data protocol) for data mining and business intelligence.
Quickly innovate with a flexible PPM platform.
- Use apps from the new SharePoint Store to meet unique business needs.
- Quickly develop and deliver apps that help you shave time off discrete processes or connect to proprietary software systems.
- Take advantage of integrated experiences across Project Server, SharePoint, Exchange, Lync, and Office to help you quickly act and respond to opportunities.
- Bring together different disciplines, such as ALM, NPD, and IPM through a connected and scalable PPM platform.
Easy administration & management
Project enables your organization to quickly start projects, prioritize project portfolio investments, and deliver results with the intended business value.
Active Directory integration
Manage user credentials and permissions.
Easy to use and control. You can add and remove users in minutes. Use PowerShell for creating custom scripts and automating processes.
Easily create workflows in Visio and SharePoint Designer without coding to standardize project progression or rejection and improve governance and control.
Collaboration & communication
Strengthen team collaboration and improve project success with enterprise social capabilities, easy communication with instant messaging, team sites, and other easy-to-use collaboration capabilities.
Be productive from virtually any device from nearly anywhere.
Management across all tasks
Easily manage and collaborate on work as a team without the structure of a project, but have visibility into the work for planning and reporting purposes.
Gain visibility into projects, operational activities, and everyday work. Streamline project initiation and progression by applying appropriate governance and control.
Time and task management
Use a centralized and common approach to time reporting and task management.
Deliver results with your workforce today and plan for the future to manage surplus and deﬁcits across a planning horizon.
Deliver the project on time with a map for execution and delivery framework to tracking progress and managing change.
Deliver the forecasted benefits of the overall program and across underlying in-flight projects with the additional benefit of establishing and utilizing techniques that provide a program initiation and selection framework.
Advanced portfolio management
Adopt financial management processes and effectively track cost performance to ensure delivery within budget and that the portfolio realizes the forecasted benefits.
Portfolio analytics & selection
Effectively identify, select, and deliver project portfolios that best align with your organization’s business strategy and maximize ROI.
Issue and risk management
Prevent, identify, and mitigate potential business or project-related risks and issues.
Reporting and business intelligence
Collect, categorize, understand, and make decisions about project data. Use business intelligence (BI) to provide visibility and decision support to proactively manage projects, programs, and portfolios.
Install apps from the SharePoint Store to meet your business needs, or easily write custom apps and integrate them with line-of-business systems.
Plans for 24/7 phone support for advanced IT issues with BeMo. Microsoft community support provides online answers, how-to resources, and connections with other Project customers.
Project and Portfolio Management Partner ecosystem
BeMo solutions are backed by dozens of Partners and Affiliates who earned the PPM Competency and have undergone relevant exams and conducted numerous deployments in over 80 countries worldwide. When you need help with assessment, envisioning, deployment, or training and you are ready to engage with any of our Affiliates, reach out to BeMo and we will get you connected.